A woman recently suffered facial burns while cooking in a Columbia Street restaurant.
Emergency crews were called to the restaurant at 718 Columbia St. about 5 p.m. on Thursday, March 22.
"There was a lady who sustained burns to her face when cooking in the restaurant," said John Hatch, the fire department's division chief of public safety and fire prevention. "There was a request for B.C. Ambulance to attend."
The 70-year-old woman was taken to hospital, where she was treated for burns to her head and face.
She and her husband own the restaurant.
Fire inspector Randy Stuber said dry chemicals were used to extinguish the kitchen fire.
"There wasn't much damage to the kitchen other than smoke," he said. "It's all protected by stainless steel."