With fall on its way, I always invest in skincare to protect my skin from the dryer weather. As I open my bathroom drawer, I’m reminded of all the money I have spent and wasted on products that didn’t perform as well as expected.
Sephora has basically become the Shoppers Drug Mart of cosmetics except minus the groceries and drugs. Sephora also offers affordable pricing when it comes to beauty products and the selection is endless. I decided to take things into my own hands and asked Sephora to recommend some of their beauty must haves for fall and tested them all out myself.
There are three factors that I based my results on: ease of application, how it performed after six hours of wear and amount of quantity needed to get the intended effect. Some products were definite must haves and some I passed on and would recommend keeping that extra cash in your pocket.
I tried a combination of products each week for an entire month. Most products impressed me and some have even made their way into my permanent beauty routine. The conclusion of my review yielded three things I learned:
1. When it comes to beauty product it’s not always price that makes a difference when it comes to quality.
2. Some products also require some care in application for a long lasting wear. Also, pay attention to how your skin changes with season when finding an appropriate product to suit your needs.
3. Take your time to try the products and start small. Go for the smaller size if it’s a new product. This will give you time to decide how well it works with all the other products in your drawer. This will keep cash in your pocket and increase much needed real estate in your drawer for useful products.
Sephora’s picks for fall must haves included:
1. Kat Von D lock it long wear foundation $41
2. Sephora silicone free primer $18
3. Sephora Patone Universe primer $31
4. Sephora Ultimate Moisture Serum $29
5. Sephora Intensive moisturizer $24
6. Sephora Patone Universe Dazzling lip gloss $29
7. Sephora Patone Universe Alchemy of color lip luster lipstick $22
8. Sephora instant radiance foundation $26
9. Sephora jumbo 12 hour waterproof liner $15
10. Sephora cream lip stain $14
11. Rita Hazan foaming clear gloss ultimate shine for hair $26
12. Sephora face complexion brush $7
13. Sephora rouge shine lipstick $14
14. Sephora color lip last lipstick $15
15. Sephora instant depuffing eye mask $7
View the gallery for my reviews and picks for must haves.