When it comes to driving, you can be the best driver in the world, but if your commercial truck is a piece of garbage, you’re putting everyone – including yourself – at risk.
That’s what became clear this week when Burnaby RCMP stopped what could be the most dangerous truck on local roads.
The traffic enforcement unit of the Burnaby RCMP stopped a truck that had multiple violations that included:
- 83 km/hr in a 50 km/hr zone
- 2- Both front tires were compromised
- 3- Driver not wearing a seatbelt
- 4- Multiple required vehicle lights were inoperative
- 5- Cargo not secured
It would be laughable if it wasn’t so dangerous.
Burnaby RCMP officers agreed because they impounded the vehicle. I’m sure that really sucks for the owner of this trash vehicle because it’s for commercial purposes, but operating a motor vehicle means you need to put a little time and effort and money into maintaining it.
Not for looks, but the safety of the driver, the passengers, pedestrians, cyclists and other drivers.
This follows a car that was stopped and impounded back in early June that had the following issues:
- A driver’s side seatbelt that was broken.
- A cracked windshield that made visibility nearly impossible.
- No tread on both rear tires.
- Lights that didn’t work correctly.
- An insecure load.
Follow Chris Campbell on Twitter @shinebox44.