A staff member at Thornebridge Gardens Retirement Residence in New Westminster has tested positive for COVID-19.
A Fraser Health rapid response team is at the site and communication with residents and families is underway, said a news release.
Thornebridge is an assisted living and independent living facility in New Westminster that is owned and operated by Verve Senior Living. The staff member is currently in self-isolation at their home, said Fraser Health.
“Enhanced control measures have been put in place at the site,” said Fraser Health, which added that it’s working with staff to identify anyone who may have been exposed and is taking steps to protect the health of all staff, residents and families.
Fraser Health has implemented the following, it said:
- Staffing levels will be maintained to provide resident care.
- Visitors are restricted throughout the facility.
- Staff and residents movement in the facility has been restricted.
- Cleaning and infection control measures have been enhanced.
- Residents, families and staff are being notified.
- Twice a day screening of all staff and residents.
“During this time, Fraser Health has additional presence at the site to take any further actions required and support the facility,” said a news release. “This includes dedicated people to address quality, answer questions from staff, residents and family, and provide active checks of symptoms with staff and residents.”