If River Market in New Westminster was a band, it would be Britain’s boy band One Direction.
That’s based on part of this shopping centre’s reopening strategy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
River Market is reopening on Wednesday, June 3, with the operating hours being 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
To assist customers in maintaining physical distance, River Market has added directional arrows for shoppers to follow in one direction.
“We're implementing one-way flow through first floor of River Market. Be safe, be kind, be patient,” read a River Market tweet.
River Market is also implementing other measures, such as regular cleaning of all touch surfaces.
- One-way flow; please enter by west entrance (near red stairs/Harbour Liquor Store) and exit by south patio doors.
- Hand sanitizers are available at entry and exit.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting schedules in common spaces, washrooms, and commonly touched surfaces.
- Washroom stalls are reduced and hand dryers replaced with paper towels.
- Food Hall seating has been removed to create more space for distancing.
- Physical distance queues in front of shops and restaurants.
- River Market admin team and Security on site during public opening hours.
With these increased precautionary measures in place, shoppers at many malls have been asking the following of customers:
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not enter the centre
- Be kind and maintain a physical distance of minimum two metres
- Keep to your right
- Sanitize and wash your hands frequently
- Shop efficiently and only handle what you plan on purchasing.