Successful conference planning can mean the difference between productive meetings and wasted money. But with so many meeting venues to choose from, and so many things that can go wrong, it can be difficult to choose an appropriate location.
We asked Virna Yu, Marketing and Sales Director of Hilton Vancouver Metrotown for advice on how to plan a winning conference.
She responded with the following 8 tips (and also explained why Hilton Vancouver Metrotown is the perfect choice for your next business gathering):
1. Location. Having easy access to major transportation facilities, as well as being close to the city centre, are typically key things to look for when choosing a meeting venue. Hilton Vancouver Metrotown is only 20 minutes to downtown and 20 minutes to the airport, for example. It’s also walking distance to the SkyTrain.
2. Flexible space: What’s the capacity and how flexible is the meeting space? With 14 flexible meeting rooms, as well as the biggest ballroom, biggest foyer and one of the few large outdoor terraces in Burnaby, Hilton Vancouver Metrotown can accommodate groups up to 800. Its 6,300-square-foot Crystal Ballroom can fit more than 500 for a sit-down dinner and 700 for a reception.
3. Flexible menus. You want to have options when it comes to food. At Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, you can mix and match from a huge assortment of meal options and even have “theme” menus – such as Mexican, Chinese or Japanese – to add some international flavour.
4. Affordability: Meeting at a venue in Burnaby means you have easy accessibility to downtown, with downtown amenities and service, but you’re not paying downtown pricing – for food, rooms or parking. That’s important.
5. Access to shopping. If your family is joining you, they’ll likely be looking for things to do around town while you’re busy with co-workers. At Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, Metropolis at Metrotown – the largest mall in B.C. – is just a few blocks away. That means plenty of nearby places for shopping and eating.
6. First-class dining. How good is the onsite restaurant? With the hiring of Executive Sous Chef Dennis Peckham, winner of Chopped Canada, Hilton Vancouver Metrotown revamped its menu, offering an extraordinary culinary experience.
7. Award-winning service. What are others saying about the customer service? Hilton Vancouver Metrotown is regularly voted the Best Hotel in Burnaby by the readers of Burnaby Now.
8. Incentives. Is there any additional benefit for booking with a particular hotel? When you book at Hilton during certain times of the year, you can choose from a suite of rewards including Hilton HHonour Rewards, Airline miles, complimentary parking, hotel gift certificates and discounted shopping cards.