Looking for a job? You can provide your resumé to at least 50 potential employers at a job fair on March 22.
Local employers who are actively looking for staff will be at the central branch of the Vancouver Public Library from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The confirmed employers include:
- Amica Senior Living and We Care Home Health Services
- Canadian Coast Guard, Canadian Armed Forces and BC Corrections
- Chipotle, Starbucks and Earls
- hotels such as Marriott, Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront, River Rock Casino Resort and Sandman
- Shaw Communications and Telus
- Kaltire and Home Depot
Representatives from the financial, tech and health care sectors will share what they’re looking for in employees and provide tips on how to approach companies in these sectors.
The speakers’ schedule is
- Vancity: 1 to 1:45 p.m.
- Providence Health: 2 to 2:45 p.m.
- Bench Accounting Software: 3 to 3:45 p.m.
You are asked to arrive at the Peter Room on the lower level at least 15 minutes in advance because there might be a line-up.
The job fair is presented by YWCA WorkBC Centres.