Vancouver’s Hastings Park will be transformed into a land of all things Oktoberfest this fall at Harvestland, Canada’s largest harvest festival.
Running from Oct.10 to 20, the expansive Oktoberfest event invites fair-goers to slip into their finest dirndls and lederhosen to celebrate community, nature, agriculture, exploration and imagination.
The festival is all-ages, but will also include the 19-plus Harvest Haus celebration on select evenings under the great Halle marquee. Delectable eats and beverages will include oompah bands, pretzels, branded steins and a dizzying selection of libations from a “großmenü of international biers and spirits.”
The grounds will have dozens of attractions ranging from tractor rides to logger sports shows to pumpkin carving and theatrical entertainers. In addition, guests will enjoy a colourful Bavarian Village, a mystifying Woodland Labyrinth, and the interactive Kinder Farm for the little ones.
- Medieval Swordplay Zone and Demonstration Area
- Axe Throwing
- Cross Cut Sawing
- Pumpkin Catapult
- Logger Sport Demonstrations
- Theatrical, Character Performers
- Archery Range
MARKETPLATZ + RIDES
- European, German and domestic beer and spirits
- Oktoberfest Classics such as pretzels, bratwurst, ham hocks and German baked goods
- Kid-friendly food options such grilled cheese, chicken and waffles, etc.
- Four exclusive family-friendly rides
- The Grand Maze Scavenger Hunt inside a 10,000 square foot Labyrinth
- Woodland Character Actors (players inside the labyrinth)
- The Cranberry Bog Wading Pool and Photo Stop
- Tractor-pull Hayride through Hastings Park
- Pony Rides
- Discovery Farm Educational Exhibition
- Hay Bale Climbing Area
- Pumpkin Patch Pick ‘n Buy
- Arts & Crafts station (inside the PNE Forum)
- Knight’s Camp (inside the PNE Forum)
- Return of 5th Annual Oktoberfest Party for 19+
- Live Music and DJ Sets with Oompah Vibes
- Fully Licensed Event with Food Vendors
- Evening Seatings: Oct. 10-12, 18 & 19
- Matinees: Saturday, Oct. 12 & 19
- Harvest Haus tickets include complimentary access to Harvestland
Tickets go on sale Thursday, Sept. 5, at 10 a.m.
Harvestland and Harvest Haus
When: Harvestland at the PNE (all ages) Oct. 10 to 20.
Harvest Haus (19-plus) Oct. 10 to 12, 18 and 19
Where: Pacific National Exhibition, 2901 East Hastings St.
Cost: Harvestland Tickets: General (13 to 64 years): $14.99; Child (4 to 12 years): $9.99; Senior (65+): $9.99; Family Pass (2 Adults and 3 Children): $44.99
Harvest Haus Tickets: Evening Seatings: $29.99 GA, $49.99 VIP; Matinees: $24.99 GA, $39.99 VIP
*Prices do not include fees and taxes. Harvestland and Harvest Haus tickets do not include admission to Playland