Glacier Media’s boozy brethren The Alchemist magazine is shaking, stirring and mixing it up for its inaugural Punch Brunch, Jan. 26 at the Fairmont Pacific Rim’s Botanist Bar.
The Vancouver Cocktail Week preview event is a collaboration with Tourism Vancouver's Dine Out Vancouver Festival, and described as “a luxe and lively midday event… that will feature innovative drinks made with premium spirits and created by five of Vancouver's most celebrated bartenders.”
And to ensure you’re not drinking on an empty stomach, the punch-style cocktails will be paired with a four-course, sit-down feast of executive chef Hector Laguna's finely crafted gourmet brunch fare.
Need added incentive? The bartenders, under the direction of Fairmont Pacific Rim's creative beverage director, Grant Sceney, and his team, will offer cocktail demonstrations while live jazzy ratchets the Sunday imbibing session up a few sophisticated notches.
The event’s movers and shakers include:
- Amber Bruce, bar manager of the Keefer Bar (No. 2 on Canada's 50 Best Bars) and Vancouver Magazine's bartender of the year 2019.
- Jeff Savage, head bartender at Botanist Bar at Fairmont Pacific Rim, Diageo World Class Canada 2019 winner, runner-up in the World Class global finals and member of the Botanist's winning Bols Around the World 2019 team.
- Katie Ingram, singer, performer and award-winning bar manager at Elisa Steakhouse.
- Sabrine Dhaliwal, bar manager of Juke Fried Chicken, Rib & Cocktail Bar, and national ambassador for Belvedere Vodka and Hennessy Cognac.
- Sean McGuigan, head bartender at The Lobby Lounge and RawBar at Fairmont Pacific Rim named one of the Best Hotel Bars (The Americas) by Tales of the Cocktail.
The brunch will also feature a silent auction with proceeds benefiting the BC Hospitality Foundation. Featured spirits include: Bacardi Ocho, Belvedere Vodka, Botanist Gin, Bulleit Bourbon and Lot 40 Rye.
The Punch Brunch, presented by The Alchemist Magazine
Botanist - 1038 Canada Place, Fairmont Pacific Rim
Sunday, Jan. 26, 2020
11:30 am to 2 p.m.
$125 inclusive of taxes, gratuities and ticketing fees
Tickets and information here.
Partial proceeds will benefit the BC Hospitality Foundation