Kamloops will be the only B.C. municipality to have a government-run cannabis store open Oct. 17, the day cannabis is legal for recreational use in Canada.
Before you make the drive to Kamloops and head down to 1210 Summit Dr. to check things out, here are five things to know:
- The shop will have 24 cannabis consultants on hand.
- Customers will have around 85 dried-flower strains of cannabis to choose from. There will also be a selection of oils, capsules and pre-rolled joints approved by Health Canada.
- If you’re thinking of ordering online, through the government website, you’ll have to pay a $10 shipping fee. Online orders will be shipped from the Liquor Distribution Branch’s distribution centre within 48 business hours of the order being placed.
- Canada Post employees will be the ones delivering online orders. Anyone who looks under the age of 25 will be asked to provide ID. If the person is not of age, the product will be returned to the LDB and a refund will be given.
- The Kamloops store hours are: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. from Monday to Thursday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
that pizza joint is in the right place https://t.co/qNXhkSjv9y— Scott Brown 🤖 (@BrownieScott) October 16, 2018