This G.A. Barrett & Co. sign is on Main Street on the west side, just north
of Keefer Street. An infill building now covers it. It's a pre-1910 sign,
obvious because Westminster Avenue was renamed Main Street in 1910. The sign
was uncovered in early 2003, but covered again by the spring of 2003. The
sign is on the wall of the late 1880s/early 1890s building at Main and
Keefer, which will probably be torn down for redevelopment, taking the now
hidden sign with it.
Courtesy Heritage Vancouver Society