Vancouver Police Department is warning the public about a high-risk sex offender now living in the city.
“The Vancouver Police Department believes compelling circumstances exist to warn the public…,” media relations officer Sgt. Aaron Roed said in a media release.
Police say that 57-year-old Brian Abrosimo is a two-time federal offender serving a 14 year sentence for sexual assault, kidnapping, unlawful confinement, assault with a weapon, sexual assault with a weapon and forcible confinement. He started serving his sentence in June 2006 and a 10-year long-term supervision order will start when his sentence ends in October 2020.
“Ambrosimo poses a risk of significant harm to the safety of adolescent and adult women, including strangers and acquaintances,” the warning reads.
He is described as white, 5’10” tall and weighing 240 pounds, with grey shaved hair, hazel eyes, a grey moustache and goatee.
Abrosimo is bound by the terms of his statutory release, which include a number of conditions:
- Not to consume or purchase alcohol
- Not to consume, purchase or possess drugs other than prescribed medication and over the counter drugs taken as recommended by the manufacturer
- Not to associate with any person know to be involved in criminal activity and/or substance misuse
- Immediately report all intimate sexual and non-sexual relationships and friendships with females to a parole supervisor
- Not to be in the presence of any female children under the age of 18 unless accompanied by a responsible adult familiar with his criminal history and who has previously been approved in writing by a parole supervisor
- Not to be in, near, or around places where children under the age of 18 are likely to congregate, such as elementary and secondary schools, parks, swimming pools and recreational centres unless accompanies by an adult previously approved in writing by a parole supervisor
- No direct or indirect contact with the victims or any member of the victims’ families
Abrosimo also has a geographic restriction and is prohibited from going to Abbotsford, Langley and Vancouver Island.
Anyone who sees, or knows of, Abrosimo violating any of these conditions is asked to call 911 immediately.