Long-weekend weather forecast calls for highs of 29 degrees across Metro Vancouver

The Vancouver weather forecast calls for a chance of thunderstorms throughout the day on Friday, Aug. 2, but the long-weekend looks sunny and clear.

Environment Canada calls for a 60 per cent chance of showers during the day on Friday as well as a risk of thunderstorm. Following this, the forecast calls for a 40 per cent chance of showers in the evening and a risk of thunderstorm.

article continues below

On Saturday, however, the forecast calls for a mix of sun and cloud and a toasty high of 24 C. Similarly, Sunday and Monday are expected to be sunny and bright and reach highs of 25 C and 29 C inland.

Tuesday and Wednesday are also expected to be hot, sunny and clear, with Thursday seeing some cloudy periods.

Metro Vancouver Weather Forecast 

Environment Canada
Environment Canada

British Columbia saw an impressive 17 weather records broken across the province on June 13 due to a very strong ridge of high pressure.

The Vancouver Area broke its previous record of 27.4 C set in 1999 with a high of 29.1 C. Similarly, the White Rock Area set a new daily high of 30.9 C, which broke its previous record of 29.4 C set in 1932.

Click here for original article.


Read Related Topics

© Vancouver Courier
Click here to take part in our readers survey

Report a Typo or Error


NOTE: To post a comment you must have an account with at least one of the following services: Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ You may then login using your account credentials for that service. If you do not already have an account you may register a new profile with Disqus by first clicking the "Post as" button and then the link: "Don't have one? Register a new profile".

The Vancouver Courier welcomes your opinions and comments. We do not allow personal attacks, offensive language or unsubstantiated allegations. We reserve the right to edit comments for length, style, legality and taste and reproduce them in print, electronic or otherwise. For further information, please contact the editor or publisher, or see our Terms and Conditions.

comments powered by Disqus

Popular Vancouver Courier

Sign Up For Our e-Newsletter!
Find the Vancouver Courier Newspaper