Vancouver police Friday warned the public about a convicted high-risk sex offender who will be living in the city.
Cameron Eugene Ratelle, 40, was convicted of sexually assaulted a minor. He completed his sentence but still poses a high risk to re-offend and is known to target young women aged 16 to 25.
Ratelle is described as black, 5’8” tall and weighing 200 pounds. He has a large build, shaved head and brown eyes. He is hearing impaired but uses hearing aids and can read lips.
He has been released from custody with a number of conditions, including:
- Not to purchase, possess or consume alcohol
- Not to purchase, possess or consume non-prescription drugs
- Immediately report any attempt to initiate a sexual or non-sexual relationship with a female to a parole supervisor
- Not to purchase, possess, acquire, or access pornography or sexually explicit material
- Must reside at a community correctional centre or community residential facility that is approved by the Correctional Service of Canada
- Not to attend the property of any educational institute or school without written approval from a parole supervisor
- Not to access the internet or any electronic device with internet capabilities
- Not to be in the presence of any female under the age of 18 without permission from a parole officer
- Follow a treatment plan/program arranged by a parole supervisor
Anyone who believes Cameron Ratelle has violated any of these conditions is urged to call 911.