Vancouver-Fraserview all-candidates meeting
- When: Sunday, April 23 from 5 p.m. until about 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Champlain Heights Community Centre, 3350 Maquinna Dr.
- Moderator: Frank Cosco
- Hosted by: Champlain Heights Community Association
Social justice all-candidates meeting
- When: Tuesday, April 25 from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Minoru Place Activity Centre, 7660 Minoru Gate, Richmond
- Topics include: affordable housing, poverty reduction, food security and childcare
- Moderator: Eve Edmonds, editor, Richmond Review
- Co-hosted by: Jewish Seniors Alliance of Greater Vancouver, Kehla Society of Richmond, Richmond Centre for Disability and Richmond Poverty Response Committee
MLA candidate education forum
- When: April 25 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (doors open 6 p.m.)
- Where: Vancouver School Board Education Centre, Room 180, 1580 West Broadway.
- Moderator: Tracy Sherlock
- Format: Questions compiled from Parent Advisory Council survey and questions submitted by attendees upon arrival)
- Hosted by: Vancouver District Parent Advisory Council
Vancouver-Quilchena all-candidates debate
- When: Wednesday, April 26, 7:30 p.m. (following Dunbar Community Centre Association meeting)
- Where: Dunbar Community Centre, 4747 Dunbar St.
- Co-hosted by: Dunbar Community Centre Association and the Dunbar Residents’ Association
Taking Action on Housing Affordability
- When: Wednesday, April 26 from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Robson Square
- Who: NDP housing critic MLA David Eby, BC Liberal MLA Sam Sullivan and Green Party housing spokesperson David Wong
- Hosted by: Urbanarium
Televised provincial leadership debate
- When: Wednesday, April 26 at 8 p.m.
- Network: CBC
- Who: Liberal leader Christy Clark, NDP leader John Horgan and Green Party leader Andrew Weaver
University Women’s Club of Vancouver public forum
- When: 6:30 p.m., Thursday, April 27
- Where: The University Women’s Club of Vancouver at Hycroft, 1489 McRae Ave.
- What: Two female candidates from each of the major parties have been invited (Green, Liberal, and NDP) to deliver statements and answer questions about a variety of topics, including enforcing prostitution laws, women and leadership, aging out of foster care, and funding for education, health care, and campaigns. It’s a free event that is open to all interested voters.
- Confirmed candidates: Ellisa Calder, Green Party; Janet Fraser, Green Party; Suzanne Anton, Liberal Party; Trang Nguyen, Liberal Party; Mable Elmore, NDP; Morgane Oger, NDP
- Moderator: Club president Cleta Brown, a retired lawyer and daughter of Canadian political and feminist icon Rosemary Brown.
Vancouver-Fasle Creek all-candidates meeting
- When: April 27th at 7 p.m.
- Where: Creekside Community Centre
- Who: candidates for Vancouver-False Creek (Listed alphabetically): James Filippelli, Your Political Party of B.C. (YPP); Morgane Oger, BC NDP; Phillip Ryan, B.C. Citizens First Party; Bradley Shende-B.C. Green Party; Sam Sullivan-B.C. Liberal Party (Incumbent)
- Hosted by: False Creek Residents Association
Britannia Community Services Centre, Gym D
- Format: non-traditional, “world café style”
- Who: Vancouver-Mount Pleasant and Vancouver-Hastings
- When: May 1 from 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. (meal and socializing); 7:00 p.m. to 7:45 (prepared statements from each candidate); 7:45 p.m. to 9 p.m. (informal conversations with candidates at each table
Election forum on environment, social justice, jobs and the economy
- When: Wednesday, May 3 at 7 p.m.
- Where: Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 West 49th Ave.
- Confirmed: Michael Barkusky, BC Greens; George Heyman, NDP; TBA, BC Liberals
- Co-sponsored by: the Social Justice and Environment Committees, Unitarian Church of Vancouver and the Suzuki Elders of the David Suzuki Foundation
If you know of a provincial election event that you’d like posted to this list, please email details in the format above to Naoibh O’Connor at email@example.com.