Watch out for road closures and parking restrictions Saturday morning as thousands of runners take to the streets of Vancouver’s Eastside for the sixth annual Under Armour Eastside 10K.
Three thousand runners will be taking part in the sold out event, which is a fundraiser for the Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre, PHS Community Services Society and the Greater Vancouver Food Bank.
The main closures are:
- West Cordova Street (from Cambie east to Carrall) – closure in effect from 5 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.
- Powell Street (from Gore east to Nanaimo) – closure in effect from 8 a.m. until 10:15 a.m.
- Alexander Street (between Dunlevy and Heatley) – closure in effect from 8:30 a.m. until 9 a.m.
Organizers have worked with the city and Vancouver police to minimize disruptions, however there may be come traffic delays and/or parking restrictions in the neighbourhood. Police officers will be stationed at major intersections to help with traffic movement. Rolling closures will also be in place with roads reopening as they are cleared of participants.
Routes that will not have any interruptions or closures during the race include:
- East/West – Hastings Street, Prior Street and Terminal Avenue
- North/South – Clark Street
- North/South – Main Street, no interruptions south of Hastings